Thursday, December 3, 2009

What sort of tools or makeup applying techniques should i use for mimicking Heath Ledger's Joker look?

I love playing around with face paints and theatrical make up, my poor brothers are my canvases, but they don't seem to mind.


As we all now, The Dark Knight really hit it off, and I have a group friends asking me if I’ll do their make up for Halloween, and they all want to be the Joker, like a mob of matching clowns lol. Now, I can do a basic match up, but it just isn’t good enough for me… not dark (in a moody sense) enough. I am having trouble catching the streaking and twisted dark look of a maniac without completely destroying the entire job. I have until October to get it down before I disappoint my friends. Do you have any suggestions on how to improve my streaking and application? should I use oils? Water? Any type of particular tool? Any suggestions on a good make up brand? THANY YOU!What sort of tools or makeup applying techniques should i use for mimicking Heath Ledger's Joker look?
It really depends on how much money you're willing to spend on your make-up. I would start off by making the scars on the corners of the mouth with Ben Nye's Nose %26amp; Scar Wax. If you use Spirit Gum underneath the wax, it will stay in place longer. Seal with liquid latex. Use a cream based foundation for the white (cream based make up is easier to apply and lasts longer than powder and liquid based make up). Water based make up will sweat off. Personally, I use Celebre. Set with a powder. For the mouth, you can either use smeared lipstick or a color palatte (Mehron has a pallate called Clown Tri-Color Makeup Pallate that includes red, black and white). For the eyes, you could use black pressed eyeshadow. As for the hair, Manic Panic carries semi-permanent hair dye (Green Envy or Electric Lizzard Green), or you could use spray. The thing to do is play around with it a little bit and use pictures as refrences. If you live near a costume shop, visit and ask someone in the make up department for ideas and tips. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
viruses