Thursday, June 24, 2010

What is the best big-name makeup brand (in the UK) for my skin?

I want to go to a makeup counter in a UK department store and get advice and buy some foundation and concealer etc.





Which makeup brand should I approach for this? I see counters for clinique, clarins, estee lauder and lots of others and I'm confused about which is best for me.





My skin is very pale, fairly sensitive, prone to pinkness, a mix of dry and oily. I have large pores and eye circles I need to hide. I'm getting some wrinkles now too as I approach late 30s.





Any suggestions for which brand is most appropriate?What is the best big-name makeup brand (in the UK) for my skin?
Clinique. If you go into Debanams the woman who works in the make up part will test different shades on you to suit your natural skin colour and they have different ones for dry/greasy skin. You just have to tell her what your skins like and what sort of look you want, like flawless (hiding blemishes etc) and what your skins like e.g. Dry/greasy. I went with my mum and she got the perfect one for her so im sure you'll find one.What is the best big-name makeup brand (in the UK) for my skin?
You should go to the pharmacy where they have medical brands for people with skin problems like you.





Hope that helped.





Good Luck.





Good Bye.
maybellene products actually work
From what you have described , I think you should try Clarins. Clarins has mostly plant based skincare that is suited to sensitive skin.
Illamasqua!


Not very ';big,'; I suppose, but definitely amazing.
it sounds like you need make-up that is suitable for very specific skin.


try to find a salon or therapist that uses demalogica products and go there to have your face mapped.





these therapists are specially trained to give you the perfect creams and make-up for your skin!





they can also give a facial that can help alot with your skin and wrinkles





hope i helped!


:)
Rimmel
Hello, I am giving this advise based on the fact i have worked in the luxury cosmetic industry for over 10 years. I would certainly recommend not going to clinique, their products can have really bad effects on the skin long term generally totally altering your skin type. For the best colour match i would say bobbi brown, I worked for them and I always got a perfect match. Estee Lauder double wear gives the best coverage and Lancome do a great one that has anti ageing benefits.
You don't want a foundation that makes you look orange, so I would recommend Illamasqua or Prescriptives.


Illamasqua has loads of colours, and Prescriptives do Custom-Blend where they make you your own unique colour to prefectly match your skin colour and type.





:)
I would try Clinique first, due to the sensitivity of your skin. If you cannot find light enough shades there, then I'd give Chanel a go.
MAC. most department stores supply it (:


quite exspensive but very good.
i'm a clinique fan. like i'm not trying to sell their stuff to you or anything, but everything i've bought from clinique worked great. i have their foundation right now and i love it. they have different kinds of foundations for different skin and the sellspeople can help you find the right one. =] hope this helped
I am a big fan of Estee Lauder. Their Doublewear foundation is great and they will match the best shade to your skin tone. L'oreal under eye concealer is also a great buy, its only 拢6 odd and I find it just as good as the more expensive ones. Just make sure you choose the best shade for your colouring and dab don't rub.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
viruses